Magento 2 Downloadable Product
Magento 2 is the latest upgrade for Magento Commerce, an open-source eCommerce platform that provides multichannel solutions for its partners and developers. This version offers a more flexible platform than its prede-cessor. Its new user-friendly Admin panel enables easier customizations that allow you to save time in managing tasks; and its step-by-step product creation tool makes setting up products faster and increases productivity.
Magento 2 allows you to upload both your simple products and down-loadable products. Setting up a downloadable product – digital product that can be sent in a file such as game, eBook, music, etc – is made simpler and easier by following these steps:
Step 1: Open the configuration page for the downloadable product.
- Login to your account and select the Products tab from the left panel of your Dashboard.
- Select the Catalog option. Once the Catalog page loads up, click the Add Product button and select the Downloadable Product option from the drop-down menu.
Step 2: Complete basic information about your product.
- Once you’re redirected to the New Product form. Fill in the required fields to complete your product’s basic information: Choose its name, SKU, and price; decide whether it’s taxable or not; add an image for it; enter the quantity in stock; choose which category it belongs; and add a description.
Step 3: Upload your file.
- Proceed to the Advanced Settings section and fill up the Downloadable Information section.
- Enter the title of your downloadable products list. It represents the entirety of your downloadable links if you have more than one; it can be the title of your album, eBook series, etc.
- Select whether these links can be purchased separately. If you select Yes, you can set the price and download limit for each link.
- Click the Add New Link button to open a new row or section. Enter the specific title of this link and its price if it can be purchased separately. You have the two options for your file: you can click the Browse Files button to attach the file directly; or choose URL and insert the link where your file can be found.
- Choose whether it’s shareable, which enables clients to share the link with others without logging in; or only for a single user.
- Finally, decide whether you want it limited or unlimited. Enter the maximum number of downloads or tick in the Unlimited box below.
Note. To add a new file, just click on the Add New Link button again and repeat steps.
Step 4: Add free samples.
- If you want to give a free sample of your product, add a new link from the Samples section below the Links section.
- Enter the title and attach the sample’s file. You can add a sample for each product by adding another link.
Step 5: Save your updated configurations.
- Double check the details you’ve entered and the files you’ve upload-ed. Click on the Websites button and tick in the box of your main Ma-gento 2 store. Make sure that the product’s status is online.
- Finally, click the Save button and wait for the page to refresh itself before leaving it. Go to your Magento 2 store front-end and check your samples to confirm if the links are running well.
That’s it. You now have a downloadable product.
if you are interested to manage product types and attributes easily you may look at paid extensions such as Magento 2 Product Options Suite
You must be logged in to post a comment. Click here to log in.
When a new tab opens, log in or create an account. Reload this page when logged in.