Order Editor extension for Magento 2
Extensible. Customizable. Developer-friendly
Composer installation for easier extensions installation and management
No overwriting the core classes unless unachievable within a functionality
Unencrypted code for hassle-free editing if required by your clients
Extensions' code implementation following Magento's recommended best practices
Data modification without canceling
Magento 2 doesn’t offer such functionality by default. You have to cancel an order to be able to modify it. This, in turn, causes a lot of inconveniences when managing and analyzing order data.
With the extension, you can easily:
Main order details modification
Frequently, merchants have to change the time markers of an order made from a different time zone. Also, it may be required to change the order’s status/state when manually processing it.
The extension enables you to make modifications to the orders in a couple of mouse clicks. You can edit:
Correcting customer's info
Detected typos customers have made when placing an order? Want to add/take away privileges for some customer groups?
Magento 2 Order Editor allows you to edit a customer’s:
What is more, the extension allows you to assign an order to a different customer by easily changing the customer by selecting the customer manually from the grid.
Payment / billing details editing
Quite often, when managing order data, you may need to implement such actions as completing an order, resending order email, shipping an order, issuing order invoice, and dozens more. Also, sometimes it may be necessary to change payment method info.
Magento Order Editor allows you to:
On top of this, with the extension, you can conveniently preview the order's Grand Total every time you change something.
Shipping details editing
The Magento 2 Order Editor module allows you to:
The extension allows you to restrict access to Magento 2 edit orders or to edit certain sections of the orders for the staff accounts.
You can set the staff permissions for
Logs for every order change
The extension logs every order change made through the module and adds the detailed logs in the order comments.
You can easily keep the track of all the changes in the orders (after editing actions).
Need to remind managers about order edits? The webhooks functionality helps them promptly overview which items get added to and removed from an order.
This is achieved by forwarding information about the edited orders to a specified URL each time changes take place.
Available via Vault only, Order Editor comes with an online reauthorization possibility for PayPal_Braintree payments.
It allows customers who have their PayPal credentials saved to Magento Vault to automatically get back the difference amount as a new payment transaction after their orders are edited.
Edit orders via REST API
The module has the functionality to Magento 2 edit orders via the REST API.
Thus, you can integrate your Magento 2 stores with the 3rd party systems and update the orders using the API.
Note: this functionality is in the beta version now.
Need a custom feature?
1.9.3August 1, 2022
- + Dependency from OrderEditorBraintree module has been removed from composer.json (now it will be available on GitHub)
- Improves compatibility with Klarna Payments
- Improves compatibility with Magento 2.3.7
- Adds the option to save the administrator's name in a comment that contains the changes made to the order
- Lines of total cancelled/refunded amount (incl. tax and excl. tax) are added to the block of temporary totals to give more clear view on the results of changes
- Improves tax processing: now new taxes do not overwrite old ones, but update existing ones.
- Improves tax rates calculation while changes saving
- Now taxes are invoiced and refunded as expected, even if only a tax amount was changed during editing
1.9.2June 1, 2022
- Adds reauthorization feature for PayPal_Braintree payments (available only through Vault)
- Adds new module to the extension package: OrderEditorBraintree
- Adds new behaviour for invoice & creditmemo processing (post processing for order edit): “Keep Previous Invoices and Creditmemos and Create New”
- Adds webhooks for order edit: now you can send all changes to specified URL
- Increases tax rate accuracy to 4 decimal places
- Adds compatibility with Magento 2.4.4 and PHP8.1
- Fixes the issue with configuration of configurable products when editing an order
- Bugfixes in invoice, creditmemo and shipment processing after editing the order
- Disables ability to change tax rate for removed items
- Fixes fatal error if order contains a product which was removed from Magento catalog
- A “restore quote” process has been improved
- Bugfixes in templates (incl. removal of overwriting the regular order items template)
- Bugfixes for Date input: adds suport for Australian locale
- Improves compatibility with Mageworx Advanced Product Options extension
1.8.3August 13, 2021
- Code improvements & refactoring
The two most common payment methods are currently accepted―credit cards (all types) and PayPal. All the payment transactions are carried out in full compliance with the security and confidentiality requirements.
Yes, after the purchase you will receive the complete invoice with all necessary details, including our VAT number etc.
Mageworx extensions support Magento 2 Open Source (former Community), Commerce (former Enterprise) editions including Magento 2 Commerce Cloud platform.
Our own repository has been primarily intended to facilitate and speed up the process of Mageworx
extensions installation and update.
In order to work with the repository, you’ll need to have the Composer on the server first. This
is the package manager of the PHP software that allows you to update & install scripts on your
According to the Mageworx License Agreement, you can use one copy of Mageworx software on one Magento production installation. Thus, separate Magento installations require purchasing separate licenses.
Please mind that the extensions are not domain related, i.e., if you run each website on one Magento installation, then one license can be used. However, if you've got several websites on different Magento installations, then you would need to purchase separate licenses for each of them.
Yes, you can install and set up any Mageworx extension on a test environment before making changes on your production site.
By default, all Mageworx Magento 2 extensions are tested on three most popular themes: Luma,
Ultimo, and Porto. However, some of our extensions are compatible with more 3rd party themes.
You can get in touch with our support team at [email protected] to confirm compatibility with the theme that you are currently using.
In the world where 45% of purchases are completed via mobile (according to Retail Dive), we find it crucial to test and optimize all Mageworx extensions for mobile friendliness.
Extension updates are available as long as your Mageworx Magento subscription is active. Click here to learn more.
Purchases made before February 1, 2022, reserve the right to access our Magento extensions updates free of charge for a lifetime.
Database migration, migrating custom-built functionality and design, as well as migrating advanced
settings―these and other options are available within our one-stop migration service.
To get a quote, you’ll need to contact our Client Relations Manager.
We offer a 60-day money-back guarantee for Mageworx extensions that have been purchased via our site. Customer satisfaction and creating true value are our top priority!
Please note that this is except for those Magento 1 extensions that are intended to be upgraded to their Magento 2 versions within 30 days since the moment of M1 version purchase. In such a case, a refund will be applied solely to the Magento 2 extension version.
Please note that extensions purchased at Magento Marketplace are covered by the 25-day Marketplace Refund Policy.
By helping Mageworx promote our extensions, you can earn up to 50% on every order. To join the
program, you need to create an account on our website.
Go to "My Profile ― Affiliates", then complete and verify your affiliate profile.
Feel free to drop us a line on the Support page if you have questions.