Gift Cards extension for Magento 2
- Easy creation of gift card codes
Generate gift cards of 3 types (email, print-out, mail) in a mouse click and in bulk.
- Runs on multi-stores setup
Assign gift codes to different Store Views.
- Flexible pricing schemes
Offer one of 3 gift cards price types: fixed, set of predefined prices or allow customers to enter custom values.
- Expiration dates and alerts
Run timely promotions & keep the customers informed.
- Targeting specific customer groups
Make the gift card codes available for specific customer groups.
- Gift card codes import/export functionality
Easily import/export gift card codes from either Magento 1 stores or other extensions/stores.
- Magento 2 API Support
Manage gift codes outside Magento 2 backend via API. Create, update, delete gift card codes, apply them to any customer's cart via API.
What are Gift Cards for Magento 2 for?
Optimize the gift-giving process big time. Quickly generate various types of gift certificates and let the customers use them in a flexible way on the shopping cart & NEW! checkout pages.
- Own the Magento 1 version of the extension? Contact us to get your personal 25% upgrade discount!
- The extension support and updates are FREE for life.
The Issues Gift Cards Extension Solves
- GIFT CARDS CREATION
- SUPPORT OF MULTI-STORE SETUP
- FLEXIBLE PRICING SCHEMES
- EXPIRATION DATES & ALERTS SETUP
- PERSONALIZED CODES
- ADVANCED BACKEND MANAGEMENT
- BALANCE OVERVIEW FOR CUSTOMERS
- CODES MANAGEMENT IN 3rd PARTY SYSTEMS
- CODES IMPORT/EXPORT/ MIGRATION
Gift Voucher Creation
By default, Magento 2 comes with the limited possibilities of gift card codes generation and management.
The extension allows generating an unlimited number of gift codes of 3 types, all done fast and easy. Additionally, you get to mass create gift cards in bulk, whenever required.
- Online gift codes/certificates
- Offline certificates
- Email gift codes
- Print-at-home codes
- Send-by-post-office gift codes
- ‘Delivery Date’ for email gift cards
Support of Multi-Store Setup
For the stores with multi-currency setup, it can be complicated to make the gift cards display the correct currency.
Gift Cards tool perfectly runs on different Store Views and allows displaying the currency correctly.
- Multi-store support
- Displaying correct prices
- Easy setup
Flexible Pricing Schemes
The customers like having options to choose from, especially when it comes to pricing. What’s right for one shopper, won’t necessarily fit all your customer base.
The extension allows the customers to choose from 3 gift card pricing schemas: fixed, drop-down, price range.
- Fixed price type – constant price
- Selection of fixed prices in a drop-down
- Selectable price ranges set by the store Admin
Expiration Dates & Alerts Setup
It can be difficult to motivate the customers to use their gift vouchers and not postpone making a purchase.
The Gift Cards module enables you to set periods during which the customer needs to activate the given cards. Additionally, you’ll get to notify them prior to the gift code expiration date.
- Gift card expiration period
- Email with expiration alerts
- Unlimited expiration period
- Gift card lifetime value
Personalized Gift Card Codes
To maximize giftcards usage, it is critical tovarious segments of the customer base differently.
The add-on enables you to make certain gift codes available solely for theed customer groups and restrict access for the other segments.
- Gift card codes personalization
- Gift card codes for different customer groups
- Restricting access of specific customer groups to certain gift card codes
- Custom gift messages to send to the recipients
Advanced Backend Management
Easy and transparent gift card management is critical to track their effectiveness.
The extension offers an advanced set of functionality to keep gift card codes issuing and analytics under control.
- Gift codes usage
- Ability to instantly resend gift codes
- Min/max gift cards values
- ‘Amount buttons’ display mode
- Editing gift card balances
- Gift codes activation/deactivation upon order status changes
- Default gift card product image
- Status changes, and more
Frontend Balance Overview for Customers
Keeping the customers constantly informed about the available gift card codes can be challenging, as well as allowing the shoppers to easily access gift-cards-related data.
The Gift Cards module allows the customers to conveniently overview their balances, codes validity period, and more.
- Gift card codes validity period
- Balance overview
- Expiration date overview
- Status of gift card codes
Codes management in 3rd party systems
Without Magento 2 API support, gift card codes management in 3rd party systems becomes impossible, which negates the effectiveness of data processing.
The functionality allows managing gift codes outside Magento 2 backend, i.e., in 3rd party systems: ERP, mobile apps, and others.
- Advanced codes management in 3rd party systems
- Retrieving gift cards-related data
- Customer-specific codes application in the cart
- Gift card codes application via API
Gift Card Codes Migration from Magento 1 & Import/Export FunctionalityWatch video
The ability to conveniently improve, edit and govern gift card codes-related info is a must, especially when dealing with bulk data.
If you are one of the merchants migrating to Magento 2 as a result of the approaching end of Magento 1 support, built-in migration possibilities would fit in well.
The Gift Cards plugin introduces advanced data management possibilities ― you get to transfer relevant data between your Magento 2 stores conveniently and easily migrate it from your Magento 1 to Magento 2 store if required.
- Gift cards import
- Gift cards export
- Gift card codes migration from Magento 1 to Magento 2
Features of Gift Cards for Magento 2
Gift Cards Creation
Create gift card codes in a click.
With Gift Cards extension for Magento 2, you can quickly produce an unlimited amount of gift codes and conveniently manage them from the backend.
Generate online and offline gift codes/certificates:
- Email - the gift code will be sent to the recipient's email immediately at any specified time,
- Print-At-Home - the hard copy of the gift certificate can be printed out anywhere,
- Sent by Post Office - a traditional physical giftcard, sent via mail.
Also, with the extension, you can easily generate gift cards in bulk.
Got a multi-currency setup? Gift Cards tool perfectly runs on Magento 2 stores with it! With the extension, you can assign your gift card codes for different Store Views. Thus, no matter what the prices are set in, your gift cards will always display the correct currency.
Besides, you can create gift codes for different Customer Groups. In doing so, you can make certain gift codes available only fored customer groups, while restricting access for the others.
Gift Cards Pricing
With Gift Cards extension for Magento 2, you can set flexible pricing options for your gift card codes.
Let your customers choose one of the 3 available gift card price types:
- Fixed- a constant, unalterable price
- Drop-down - a selection of fixed prices,
- Price range - a selectable amount within the price range set by the store admin.
Expiration Date/ Email Alerts
Set gift card expiration period.
You can define the period of time a person has to activate the given card. Thus, you motivate potential customers NOT to postpone using their cards and make a purchase of your product/service faster.
With the extension you can:
- set an expiration date for any particular gift card product,
- define its Lifetime Value,
- set an unlimited expiration period for any gift card.
What is more, you can use Expiration Alerts to timely notify customers when their gift cards are about to expire. Gift Cards extension enables you to send notification emails prior to the gift code expiration date.
Now, the customers can easily check the Validity, Balance, Expiration Date and Status of any giftcard code.
- Check stats: when, how and by whom gift codes are used,
- Instantly resend gift cards,
- Set minimal/maximal values,
- Manually add/edit gift card codes,
- Edit each gift card balance,
- Change status,
- Set gift card activation/deactivation, when an order gets a certain status, and more.
Now, you can easily import/export the gift card codes to your Magento 2 stores and migrate the gift card codes from your Magento 1 sites.
- Export the existing gift card codes,
- Easily import the codes to your Magento 2 store,
- Add new or update the existing codes through the import process,
- Migrate the gift card codes from your Magento 1 to Magento 2 stores.
Magento 2 API Support
Manage your gift card codes via Magento API. The following features are available via Magento API:
- Create, update and delete gift card codes,
- Apply the codes to the specific customer's cart.
Also, the extension doesn't share any personal info with third parties, and doesn't use this data for any marketing purposes.
Customer Reviews 69 item(s)
FINALLY gift cards at the CHECKOUTThe ability to apply gift cards at the checkout is certainly a long-awaited feature my store was missing. Great, it's finally available! Only now, I do strongly recommend the extension. Thanks for the update, better late than never! ;)
Excellent expansion to attract new customers.Excellent expansion to attract new customers. Easy to configure and works great.
have-it-all solutionThe extension is a rich have-it-all solution. Their add-on was not the first extension I was considering but after a couple of weeks using it, it seems like the functionality is perfect for me. I did have some troubles when installing, but the support was there to help.
To notch support!Very happy with mageworx and their extensions, use two at the moment and the extensions as well as the support is very good!
Support is greatVery helpful staff, always fixes every problem, months, even years later.
- New Feature
- Bug Fix
- Version: 2.8.1 (October 18, 2019)
- Fixes the installation errors
- Version: 2.8.0 (October 14, 2019)
- Adds the new functionality to cover shipping & tax by the gift cards
- Adds the ‘Delivery Date’ field to gift card product configure popup (back end, create new order)
- Adds the functionality to return card balance after order cancellation
- Version: 2.7.0 (August 20, 2019)
- Adds the “Delivery Date” functionality for email gift cards
- Adds the Amount Buttons Display Mode
- Adds a default gift card product image
- Adds a new Product section in the configuration
- Displays the Gift Card Product options in the order view, in the cart, in the minicart and on checkout (including PayPal)
- Fixes the “Gift Card” block to Paypal Express Checkout
- Fixes the Gift Card code binding to a store view
- Fixes the Gift Card Product price conversion to different currencies
- Does your extension allow creating printed gift cards?
- Yes, along with other popular types of gift cards (email and regular mail ones), you can quickly generate paper gift cards (Magento 2 physical gift cards) to personally present to your customers.
- Can I translate gift card messages?
- Sure, the Gift Cards module can do that.
- Is it possible to generate different gift card codes for various store views?
- Yes, the extension supports multi-store functionality.
- Can I offer the possibility to use multiple gift card codes at checkout?
- Yes, Magento 2 multiple gift cards in checkout functionality is available. It enables the possibility to use several gift card codes and apply a summed up discount amount to an order.
- What is the logic behind sending gift card emails?
- The gift card code emails can be sent right after the order is paid or at a certain date, specified by a customer during the gift card purchase.
- What API calls are available to retrieve gift card codes?
- The Gift Cards extension supports advanced API functionality, which includes the possibility to retrieve data by ID, code, status, and more, as well as create, update, delete and apply gift card codes to customers’ cart via API. The full list of available API requests is available in this blog post.
- Can I migrate gift cards from Magento 1 to Magento 2 using your extension?
- Yes, Magento 2 gift vouchers is equipped with Import-Export functionality. Additionally, you get to transfer gift cards-related data from other than MageWorx Magento 1 gift cards extension to Magento 2 using a CSV file.
- Can customers apply gift card codes at the checkout?
- Yes, the extension allows your customers to apply gift card codes right during the checkout flow.
- Can I import the existing gift card codes from other Magento 2 stores?
- Yes, the extension gives you the functionality to easily import the gift card codes from other Magento 2 stores. You can also use the import/export functionality to update the existing codes in bulk.
- Can I set the expiration period for the gift card codes?
- Yes, sure. Our Gift Card extension has the functionality to set the expiration periods for the gift card codes and products. Your customers will get personalized emails, notifying that their gift card codes expire soon.
- Can I add predefined gift card products’ prices?
- Sure, you can either add a specific price for your gift card products or add prices, so your customers are able to choose a price from predefined values.
- Can I enable custom prices for gift card products?
- Yes, MageWorx Gift Cards extension allows doing that. Your customers will be able to easily specify custom prices of gift cards they want to purchase. The module allows you to set min and max prices for such a case.
- There is no one-size-fits-all approach when it comes to such functionality. Is it possible to customize the extension to add more features?
- Yes, while some new features are already in the roadmap, you are always welcome to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org a request to add specific functionality. Either included within the package free of charge or treated as customization, we will be happy to make the Gift Cards Magento 2 solution meet your business requirements to the full.
- How to install our Magento 2 extensions?
We offer 4 independent ways of Magento 2 extension installation:
- What Magento editions do MageWorx extensions support?
MageWorx extensions support Magento 2 Open Source (former Community), Commerce (former Enterprise) editions including Magento 2 Commerce Cloud platform.
- MageWorx Repository: how to use it?
Our own repository has been primarily intended to facilitate and speed up the process of MageWorx extensions installation and update.
In order to work with the repository, you’ll need to have the Composer on the server first. This is the package manager of the PHP software that allows you to update & install scripts on your site.
Click here for further installation instructions > > >
- Can I use 1 MageWorx license on multiple websites and staging/test hosts?
According to MageWorx License Agreement, 1 copy of MageWorx software can be used on 1 Magento production installation. Thus, separate Magento installations require purchasing separate licenses.
Please mind that the extensions are not domain related, i.e., if you run each website one 1 Magento installation, then 1 license can be used. However, if you’ve got several websites on different Magento installations, then separate licenses for each of them should be purchased.
Full MageWorx License Agreement is available here > > >
- Before going live, can I test a MageWorx extension on a staging site?
- Yes, you can install and set up any MageWorx extension on a test environment before making changes on your production site.
- Are MageWorx extensions compatible with 3rd party themes?
- By default, all MageWorx Magento 2 extensions are tested on three most popular themes: Luma, Ultimo, and Porto.
- Are MageWorx extensions mobile-friendly?
- In the world where 45% of purchases are completed via mobile (according to Retail Dive), we find it crucial to test and optimize all MageWorx extensions for mobile friendliness.
- How can I pay for MageWorx products?
- Two most common payment methods are currently accepted ― credit card & PayPal. All the payment transactions are carried out in full compliance with the security and confidentiality requirements.
- For how long can I get free updates?
- MageWorx offers free LIFETIME updates & support.
- How can I get tech support?
Currently, MageWorx Magento support team can be reached via:
- How can I migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 2?
Database migration, migrating custom-built functionality & design, as well as migrating advanced SEO settings ? these and other options are available within our one-stop migration service.
To get a quote, you’ll need to contact our Client Relations Manager.
Request an estimate here > > >
- How can I get a refund?
30-day money back guarantee is offered for MageWorx extensions that have been purchased via our site ? customer satisfaction & creating true value are our top priority!
Please mind that this is with the exception of those Magento 1 extensions that are intended to be upgraded to their Magento 2 versions within 30 days since the moment of M1 version purchase. In such a case, a refund will be applied solely to the Magento 2 extension version.
Full MageWorx Refund Policy is available here > > >
- Does MageWorx have a discount program?
Reward points, bulk & upgrade discounts ? at MageWorx, we do our best to show appreciation to our new & existing customers. Joining the program is fast and easy. To start saving with us, you need to create an account.
To learn more about how much you can save on shopping with MageWorx and get detailed instructions, please
Follow the link > > >
- How can I become an affiliate?
By helping MageWorx promote our extensions, you can earn up to 50% on every order. To join the affiliate program, you need to create an account on our website, go to ‘My Profile ― Affiliates’, then complete & verify your affiliate profile! That’s it!
More details on MageWorx Affiliate Program is available here > > >