Short Category & Product URLs for Magento 2
- Improved indexation of product & category pages
Decrease link length of critical store destinations & increase their priority for the search engine spiders.
- Quick editing of sub-category site URLs
Easily shorten category & product URLs by removing parent categories.
- Smart URLs optimization technology
Avoid any kind of conflict between new & existing site URLs.
- Access to the advanced SEO functionality
The extension is fully compatible with SEO Suite Ultimate.
What is the product for?
Make your Magento 2 product & category pages more attractive for both the search engine crawlers and the potential customers ― by shortening link length you increase page priority and create greater search convenience.
- Comes with FREE life-time support from the certified Magento specialists.
- Includes FREE life-time updates.
Features of Short Category & Product URLs for Magento 2
Improving category & product page indexation
Short URLs have been proved to crush long URLs.
Link length plays a significant role when it comes to indexation of such critical site destinations as category and product pages. Site destinations with a shorter path get more weight in search results and are better crawled by the search engine spiders.
Additionally, for the users, such URLs look more trustworthy and authoritative.
The extension does simple yet critical functionality ― it enables you to optimize sub-category & product page URLs by removing parent categories.
Shortening category page URLs
Along with growing the number of offerings, your site is expanding, just as the number of its categories. Shorter URLs help make navigation & site growth much simpler, avoid the appearance of long and confusing URLs, thus creating logical site experience.
Additionally, the search engine spiders get to better crawl such pages.
For example, you’ll be able to transform http://example.com/new-arivals/sale/men/tops-men/jackets-men.html into http://example.com/jackets-men.html by cutting off the categories ‘men’ and ‘tops-men’, thus decreasing the link length.
Shortening product page URLs
Increasing the priority of product pages is vital to make them better searched for by the potential customers. The ability to eliminate a large number of root categories helps avoid deep linking and make product pages better accessible by the search engine bots.
Additionally, such links are better represented in the search results and look more trustworthy.
For example, you get to change http://example.com/men/tops-men/jackets-men/proteus-fitness-jackshirt.html into http://example.com/jackets-men/proteus-fitness-jackshirt.html by cutting off the parent category ‘men’.
Note that any number of parent categories will be eliminated except for the one that is first before the product, i.e., ‘jackets-men’ sub-category in the example above.
Smart URLs optimization technology
In order to avoid any kind of conflicts between short URLs and the ones already existing in the system, the extension runs internal checks. They are handled before URLs shortening takes place. Thus, duplicate URLs creation is made impossible.
You’ll be able to:
- conveniently mass edit conflict URLs in a separate grid,
- rollback the shortened URLs if required.
Also, the extension doesn't share any personal info with third parties, and doesn't use this data for any marketing purposes.
- New Feature
- Bug Fix
- Version: 1.0.10 (August 30, 2019)
- Bug fixes for Magento 2.3 EE
- Version: 1.0.9 (July 1, 2019)
- Compatibility with Magento 2.3.2
- Version: 1.0.6 (April 17, 2019)
- Bug fixes
- How to install our Magento 2 extensions?
We offer 4 independent ways of Magento 2 extension installation:
- What Magento editions do MageWorx extensions support?
MageWorx extensions support Magento 2 Open Source (former Community), Commerce (former Enterprise) editions including Magento 2 Commerce Cloud platform.
- MageWorx Repository: how to use it?
Our own repository has been primarily intended to facilitate and speed up the process of MageWorx extensions installation and update.
In order to work with the repository, you’ll need to have the Composer on the server first. This is the package manager of the PHP software that allows you to update & install scripts on your site.
Click here for further installation instructions > > >
- Can I use 1 MageWorx license on multiple websites and staging/test hosts?
According to MageWorx License Agreement, 1 copy of MageWorx software can be used on 1 Magento production installation. Thus, separate Magento installations require purchasing separate licenses.
Please mind that the extensions are not domain related, i.e., if you run each website one 1 Magento installation, then 1 license can be used. However, if you’ve got several websites on different Magento installations, then separate licenses for each of them should be purchased.
Full MageWorx License Agreement is available here > > >
- Before going live, can I test a MageWorx extension on a staging site?
- Yes, you can install and set up any MageWorx extension on a test environment before making changes on your production site.
- Are MageWorx extensions compatible with 3rd party themes?
- By default, all MageWorx Magento 2 extensions are tested on three most popular themes: Luma, Ultimo, and Porto.
- Are MageWorx extensions mobile-friendly?
- In the world where 45% of purchases are completed via mobile (according to Retail Dive), we find it crucial to test and optimize all MageWorx extensions for mobile friendliness.
- How can I pay for MageWorx products?
- Two most common payment methods are currently accepted ― credit card & PayPal. All the payment transactions are carried out in full compliance with the security and confidentiality requirements.
- For how long can I get free updates?
- MageWorx offers free LIFETIME updates & support.
- How can I get tech support?
Currently, MageWorx Magento support team can be reached via:
- How can I migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 2?
Database migration, migrating custom-built functionality & design, as well as migrating advanced SEO settings ? these and other options are available within our one-stop migration service.
To get a quote, you’ll need to contact our Client Relations Manager.
Request an estimate here > > >
- How can I get a refund?
30-day money back guarantee is offered for MageWorx extensions that have been purchased via our site ? customer satisfaction & creating true value are our top priority!
Please mind that this is with the exception of those Magento 1 extensions that are intended to be upgraded to their Magento 2 versions within 30 days since the moment of M1 version purchase. In such a case, a refund will be applied solely to the Magento 2 extension version.
Full MageWorx Refund Policy is available here > > >
- Does MageWorx have a discount program?
Reward points, bulk & upgrade discounts ? at MageWorx, we do our best to show appreciation to our new & existing customers. Joining the program is fast and easy. To start saving with us, you need to create an account.
To learn more about how much you can save on shopping with MageWorx and get detailed instructions, please
Follow the link > > >
- How can I become an affiliate?
By helping MageWorx promote our extensions, you can earn up to 50% on every order. To join the affiliate program, you need to create an account on our website, go to ‘My Profile ― Affiliates’, then complete & verify your affiliate profile! That’s it!
More details on MageWorx Affiliate Program is available here > > >