Reward Points extension for Magento 2
- Build customer loyalty & increase retention
Introduce reward points in your Magento 2 store.
- Achieve business-specific marketing goals
Apply advanced rules conditions, offer points for placing an order, leaving a review, newsletter subscription.
- Bring personalization to your loyalty program
Offer points on special occasions, manually update reward points balance of specific customers and add comments, send out notifications.
- Advanced reward points management
Track reward points transactions, set the exchange rate, assign points to customer groups, specify the validity period, allow covering extra charges with points, and more.
- Give customers access to their reward points data
Display ‘My Reward Points’ block in the customer’s account to let them easily track the balance and reward points transactions.
- Advanced API Support
Retrieve, update customers' points and apply the reward points to the orders placed in 3rd party store fronts via API.
What is Reward Points for?
Customer loyalty leads to profits. By rewarding shoppers with points for their activities ― such as repeat purchases, leaving a review, newsletter subscription, spreading the word about your business, and more ― you not only get to achieve business-specific marketing objectives but keep your customers returning.
Increasing customer retention rates by just 5% increases profits by 25-95%.
- Comes with FREE life-time support from the certified Magento specialists.
- Includes FREE life-time updates.
The Issues Reward Points Extension Solves
- REWARD POINTS FUNCTIONALITY
- REWARD RULES
- RULES PRIORITY
- RULES RESTRICTIONS
- EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS
- ORDERS & REFUNDS
- FRONTEND EXPERIENCE
- MULTI-SITE SUPPORT
- PAYMENT METHODS SUPPORT
- BACKEND MANAGEMENT
- IMPORT/EXPORT FUNCTIONALITY
Reward Points & Loyalty
According to Gartner, 80% of your company’s future revenue will come from just 20% of the existing customers. This accordingly makes customer retention and loyalty the only remaining source of competitive advantage.
Reward points introduction is a safe and proven method to win the battle for customer loyalty, not to mention an additional possibility to encourage shoppers to perform some marketing activities, such as leaving a product review, newsletter subscription, completing a purchase or repeat purchases, and more.
- Flexible reward rules
- Rules priority
- Rules segmentation
- Email notifications
- Orders & refunds
- Import/export functionality
- Multi-website support
- Personalized notifications
- Payment methods support
- Advanced backend management
Related blog posts
- Top 7 Magento 2 Reward Points Extensions Overview >>>Read the Article
- Rewarding for each order placed
- X points for each Y spent starting from Z spent
- X points for each Y quantity starting from Z quantity
- Fixed/percentage points value
- Rewarding for specific product purchase
- Rewarding for completing particular actions
- Setting rules priority
- Ability to stop further rules
- Ability to restrict points by customer groups
- Ability to restrict points by store views
- Ability to restrict points by the validity period
- Email templates
- Expiration date emails
- Email sender configuration
- Notifications upon any points balance changes by the admin
- Different email templates for reward points rules
- Reward points on special occasions, such as Birthdays
- Personalized email templates with greetings
- Displaying applied points in orders, invoices, shipments and notification emails
- Setting the number of points to return in case of a refund
- Ability to subtract points earned with an order in case of full order refund
- Reward points block at the checkout
- For customers, the ability to fully/partially cover the cost of an order
- Ability to cancel reward points usage
- Personalized email notifications upon points balance changes
- Balance changes overview in the personal account
- Points expiration date overview
- Message column with comments you leave for shoppers
- Ability to specify websites where a rule should be applied
- Ability to translate frontend names for different store views
- Ability to conveniently overview a customer’s points balance on any website in a separate grid
- Support of all default payment methods
- Support of PayPal
- Support of Authorize.net
- Separate column in ‘Customers’ grid to overview shoppers’ points balance
- Ability to add/deduct/overwrite balance directly from the ‘Customer Information’ section
- Sending notifications after manual points balance changes
- Advanced logs to overview customers’ activities with the points
- Ability to apply points when creating orders manually in the backend
- Updating credits per each site
- Points exchange rate
- Defining what can be covered with points: subtotal, shipping and/or tax
- Reward points import
- Reward points export
- Example CSV file available for download
Flexible Reward Points Rules
There is naturally a multitude of scenarios where reward points can get earned and applied. The ability to set rules is critical to credit reward points when specific conditions are met.
The extension allows creating flexible rules to reward your customers for performing specific actions, such as placing an order, newsletter subscription, or leaving product reviews.
In case several rules get applied, it is essential to have the possibility to handle their priority effortlessly and avoid any confusion.
The priority setting of the extension enables you to manage this setup. Thus, the bigger the value, the higher the rule in the order of priority.
Additionally, in case several rules conditions are met, you get to stop any further rules from being processed.
A heterogeneous customer base, doing business in multiple locations, time-limited reward programs, and more ― rules restriction would be required to create and run better-targeted reward points campaigns.
The extension offers the convenience of rules segmentation, thus allowing merchants to run reward points-specific marketing activities based on customers’ location, segment, or limited period of time to stimulate specificed actions.
Keeping customers engaged is getting harder. Email notifications not only allow keeping shoppers informed but increase their retention and lifetime value.
With the Reward Points extension, you can better engage with the customer base by sending email notifications.
Did you know that Birthday emails have 481% higher transaction rate than promotional emails? Customers love to be thought of. As an alternative to presents, why not offer your shoppers reward points?
The functionality of the module enables you to set time of the day for birthday greetings when a specified amount of reward points gets added. Thus, you get to bring even more personalization to shopping with your brand.
Orders & Refunds Management
Dealing with orders and refunds can become a real challenge. Especially when it comes to orders that are fully/partially paid for with reward points but refunded afterwards. Or, for instance, when annulling points for placing an order that was later canceled.
MageWorx Reward Points extension makes such points application circumstances no real challenge that can be easily managed and dealt with from the backend.
For an effective loyalty program, half success is intuitive user experience for a customer. Just as reward points program should be easy to use, it is critical to eliminate any confusing touchpoints between a shopper and their reward points management.
The extension ensures reward points are seamlessly accumulated and redeemed with the possibility to either fully or partially cover orders’ cost. Information on points balance changes and expiration dates is conveniently listed in the account details. This all contributes to the enhanced shopping experience with your brand.
When running multiple stores in different languages/locations, the possibility to flawlessly setup store view-specific data is essential.
The extension allows you to offer reward points on different store views. Besides the possibility to set different rules, you get to translate their frontend names.
Different Payment Methods Support
After a customer accumulates enough points to redeem them, they get an option to use points as one of the payment methods. To ensure reward points are used in conjunction with other payment methods, different payment methods support would be required.
The module ensures different payment methods support.
Advanced Backend Management
No business is the same! To tailor and automate business-specific customer rewards systems, advanced configuration possibilities would be a must.
MageWorx Reward Points extension offers advanced backend management possibilities and makes the points setup flawless and intuitive.
Import & Export Functionality
The ease of data management is vital today. When dealing with reward points, bulk editing/replacing/adding/deducting/commenting possibilities are essential, just as well as the ability to conveniently transfer points balances from one store to another.
The extension brings the convenience of reward points management to a whole new level. All the changes can be made in a couple of mouse clicks using a CSV file.
Features of Reward Points Extension
Reward the customers for completing specific motivational actions, such as:
- order completing,
- writing the product review,
- newsletter subscription, or
- passive achievements such as a birthday gift.
For the order completing, different rules can be created:
- set the fixed number of points or calculate them as a percent from the order total,
- change the conversion rate of 1 reward point in the website base currency,
- give the specific (X) number of reward points to the order that is bigger than Y threshold,
- give the specific (X) number of reward points to the order that is bigger than Z threshold for each subsequent Y sum,
- give the specific (X) number of reward points to the order that has more than Y number of products in sum,
- give the specific (X) number of reward points to the order that has more than Z products for each subsequent Y number of products,
- check our special quick guide for the reward points rules to understand them better.
Apply advanced rules conditions. This will allow you to:
- define what can be covered with the points – subtotal, shipping and/or tax, prevent customers to pay shipping costs using credits if needed,
- assign the reward points to the specific customer groups for the particular store views,
- set the reward points to be calculated from the whole order or based on the matching products only,
- create the conditions for the whole cart to receive the points,
- apply advanced cart conditions to set up the rules, use all the product attributes available in the conditions,
- add the conditions to some specific products in the cart that should be taken into account for points calculation,
- set the priorities of the rules and make them applied accordingly or stop further rules.
Make your reward points expirable. This allows you to:
- change the expiration interval by giving the number of days for the rewards points,
- manually update the expiration date for the specific customers,
- mass update the existing expiration dates for the customers,
- set the new expiration rules to be applied for the future purchases,
- remind the customers about the approaching expiration date. The number of days to send the messages before the actual expiration can be set up.
Handle Reward Points
As a merchant, you can easily overview and manage all the reward points:
- monitor the reward points log with all the reward points gathered in one place,
- use reward points directly on the Order workspace: manually credit or deduct the reward points,
- handle the reward points calculations in case of the credit memos (partial or full refunds).
The extension supports different mechanisms motivating the customers to spend more:
- all the customers can overview their balance changes from the personal accounts and during the checkout,
- if the customers' order meets some rule conditions, you can show them the text block urging to meet all the conditions to receive the reward points,
- let the customers fully/partially cover the cost of their orders with the earned points,
- show the current customers' balance in the website's header section.
The email notifications available in our extension bring your customers back:
- assign different email templates to different reward points rules,
- notify the customers of any balance changes, both automatic and manual,
- remind the customers about the approaching expiration date.
This feature provides the possibility to update current customers' balances in bulk or transfer the balances quickly between your stores in one click. These operations are managed using the CSV file format
If you migrate your website from Magento 1 (with our Reward Points extension installed) to Magento 2, you can transfer the customers’ balances to a new store.
The Reward Points extension supports Magento 2 Rest API. With this functionality you can:
- retrieve a customer's balance via API,
- update a customer's balance via API,
- retrieve an amount of applied points for particular order via API,
- apply a custom amount of customer's points to a cart quote via API (this feature can be helpful if you build a 3rd party store front and need to add the reward points functionality to the purchase flow in it).
Also, the extension doesn't share any personal info with third parties, and doesn't use this data for any marketing purposes.
Customer Reviews 49 item(s)
Very good extensionDoes what it says in the description and works well
NiceWe have tried this extension for some time and I think it's one of the better ones on the market. What I especially like is the possibility to use decimal points. That way we use the extension more as a currency within our shop, which makes it more clear to our customers how much the points are worth.
We do have 3 major wishes for new features that we would like:
- At the moment if customer uses points for their order but cancel the payment and to back to cart, the points are already substracted. I believe that points should only be substracted when at least the invoice is created/paid.
- When a customer earns points by ordering a product, but pays the full order with existing points in their account (so grand total is € 0,00), the new earned points are not added.
- Would be great to have an affiliate/refer a friend extension that works together with these reward points. So customers can earn points by referring friends.
The best way to stimulate customers with rewards.This is a great extension for interacting with customers. The best way to stimulate customers with rewards.
LOVE IT!I love Mageworx products. THis is the 3rd app by them I use on my store. This is by far the best reward points extension I have used (and the most affordable one)! My customers are loving it and actively use my store credits, which makes the product worth every penny. Thumbs up for the great product and excellent service.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Seem to be a really good solution to grow the business. The support is quick, nice and VERY helpful.Thank you!
- New Feature
- Bug Fix
- Version: 1.4.0 (August 6, 2019)
- Adds the ability to apply a custom points amount on the checkout
- Adds advanced API functionality
- Adds new marketing messages for your customers
- Version: 1.3.7 (April 15, 2019)
- Fixes the issue when the emails were sent twice if the order was cancelled
- Version: 1.3.6 (April 1, 2019)
- Added the restore of points for unsuccessful order (without payment)
- Can I use MageWorx Reward Points extension to create a loyalty system?
- Sure, the extension allows rewarding a variety of shoppers’ actions and structure your rewards around customers’ values, thus creating loyalty and rewards programs Magento.
- What if I wish to set multiple customer reward points programs?
- MageWorx Magento 2 reward points setup allows as many rules as required to create multiple reward points conditions. Rules priority will help you define the rules that should be applied first and trigger next rules, or cancel them.
- What languages does the loyalty module support?
- The loyalty points Magento 2 extension offers multi-site support and enables you to translate frontend names as required by a specific store view.
- Can I name reward points labels?
- Sure, the ‘Labels Section’ has been designed to ensure admins get to specify different frontend names for Magento rewards program rules.
- Can I auto email reminders XX days before the credits expiration date?
- Yes, the module allows sending emails about the approaching expiration date automatically. To enable Magento loyalty point reminder and specify the number of days, go to ‘Notify Customers about Expiration Date’ setup.
- Can I display motivating messages notifying shoppers about the points they’ll get if complete an order?
- The loyalty program Magento 2 extension offers to set up such messages in the header of your store and the mini-cart popup.
- Will reward points get added if orders are placed using PayPal?
- Sure, within our extension’s Magento loyalty features is supporting different payment methods on the fly, including PayPal and Authorize.net.
- How can I track customers’ transactions with points?
- Use the order totals block available in the backend to overview orders fully/partially covered with reward points conveniently.
- How can my customers check their reward points balance?
- A separate ‘Reward Points’ tab will be added to the customer account page. Both the available points balance, transaction history, expiration date, and messages you leave for buyers when adding points will be displayed there too.
- Will I be able to manage customers reward points balances via API?
- Yes, the extension allows you to delete/edit/add reward points via API.
- Can I apply reward points to shopping carts created in 3rd party systems via API, such as mobile apps, for example?
- Yes, MageWorx Reward Points extension offers advanced API functionality.
- Can I import/export customer balances using your solution?
- Sure, our Magento loyalty booster has import/export functionality. Using a CSV file, you can conveniently achieve that.
- Can I import customer points balances from other 3rd party extensions?
- Yes. Go to SYSTEM ⟶ Data Transfer ⟶ Import/Export Reward Points and upload a CSV file with data you wish to import.
- There is no one-size-fits-all approach when it comes to a loyalty program. Is it possible to customize the extension to add more features?
- Yes, while some new features are already in the roadmap, you are always welcome to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org with a request to add specific functionality. Either included within the package free of charge or treated as customization, we will be happy to make customer loyalty Magento solution meet your business requirements to the full.
- How to install our Magento 2 extensions?
We offer 4 independent ways of Magento 2 extension installation:
- What Magento editions do MageWorx extensions support?
MageWorx extensions support Magento 2 Open Source (former Community), Commerce (former Enterprise) editions including Magento 2 Commerce Cloud platform.
- MageWorx Repository: how to use it?
Our own repository has been primarily intended to facilitate and speed up the process of MageWorx extensions installation and update.
In order to work with the repository, you’ll need to have the Composer on the server first. This is the package manager of the PHP software that allows you to update & install scripts on your site.
Click here for further installation instructions > > >
- Can I use 1 MageWorx license on multiple websites and staging/test hosts?
According to MageWorx License Agreement, 1 copy of MageWorx software can be used on 1 Magento production installation. Thus, separate Magento installations require purchasing separate licenses.
Please mind that the extensions are not domain related, i.e., if you run each website one 1 Magento installation, then 1 license can be used. However, if you’ve got several websites on different Magento installations, then separate licenses for each of them should be purchased.
Full MageWorx License Agreement is available here > > >
- Before going live, can I test a MageWorx extension on a staging site?
- Yes, you can install and set up any MageWorx extension on a test environment before making changes on your production site.
- Are MageWorx extensions compatible with 3rd party themes?
- By default, all MageWorx Magento 2 extensions are tested on three most popular themes: Luma, Ultimo, and Porto.
- Are MageWorx extensions mobile-friendly?
- In the world where 45% of purchases are completed via mobile (according to Retail Dive), we find it crucial to test and optimize all MageWorx extensions for mobile friendliness.
- How can I pay for MageWorx products?
- Two most common payment methods are currently accepted ― credit card & PayPal. All the payment transactions are carried out in full compliance with the security and confidentiality requirements.
- For how long can I get free updates?
- MageWorx offers free LIFETIME updates & support.
- How can I get tech support?
Currently, MageWorx Magento support team can be reached via:
- How can I migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 2?
Database migration, migrating custom-built functionality & design, as well as migrating advanced SEO settings ? these and other options are available within our one-stop migration service.
To get a quote, you’ll need to contact our Client Relations Manager.
Request an estimate here > > >
- How can I get a refund?
30-day money back guarantee is offered for MageWorx extensions that have been purchased via our site ? customer satisfaction & creating true value are our top priority!
Please mind that this is with the exception of those Magento 1 extensions that are intended to be upgraded to their Magento 2 versions within 30 days since the moment of M1 version purchase. In such a case, a refund will be applied solely to the Magento 2 extension version.
Full MageWorx Refund Policy is available here > > >
- Does MageWorx have a discount program?
Reward points, bulk & upgrade discounts ? at MageWorx, we do our best to show appreciation to our new & existing customers. Joining the program is fast and easy. To start saving with us, you need to create an account.
To learn more about how much you can save on shopping with MageWorx and get detailed instructions, please
Follow the link > > >
- How can I become an affiliate?
By helping MageWorx promote our extensions, you can earn up to 50% on every order. To join the affiliate program, you need to create an account on our website, go to ‘My Profile ― Affiliates’, then complete & verify your affiliate profile! That’s it!
More details on MageWorx Affiliate Program is available here > > >