Reward Points extension for Magento 2
What is Reward Points for?
Customer loyalty leads to profits. By rewarding shoppers with points for their activities ― such as repeat purchases, leaving a review, newsletter subscription, spreading the word about your business, and more ― you not only get to achieve business-specific marketing objectives but keep your customers returning.
Increasing customer retention rates by just 5% increases profits by 25-95%.
Comes with FREE life-time support from the certified Magento specialists.
Includes FREE life-time updates.
Build customer loyalty & increase retention
Introduce reward points in your Magento 2 store.
Achieve business-specific marketing goals
Apply advanced rules conditions, offer points for placing an order, leaving a review, newsletter subscription.
Bring personalization to your loyalty program
Offer points on special occasions, manually update reward points balance of specific customers and add comments, send out notifications.
Advanced reward points management
Track reward points transactions, set the exchange rate, assign points to customer groups, specify the validity period, allow covering extra charges with points, and more.
Give customers access to their reward points data
Display ‘My Reward Points’ block in the customer’s account to let them easily track the balance and reward points transactions.
Advanced API Support
Retrieve, update customers' points and apply the reward points to the orders placed in 3rd party store fronts via API.
The Issues Reward Points Extension Solves
- REWARD POINTS FUNCTIONALITY
- REWARD RULES
- RULES PRIORITY
- RULES RESTRICTIONS
- EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS
- ORDERS & REFUNDS
- FRONTEND EXPERIENCE
- MULTI-SITE SUPPORT
- PAYMENT METHODS SUPPORT
- BACKEND MANAGEMENT
- IMPORT/EXPORT FUNCTIONALITY
Reward Points & Loyalty
According to Gartner, 80% of your company’s future revenue will come from just 20% of the existing customers. This accordingly makes customer retention and loyalty the only remaining source of competitive advantage.
Reward points introduction is a safe and proven method to win the battle for customer loyalty, not to mention an additional possibility to encourage shoppers to perform some marketing activities, such as leaving a product review, newsletter subscription, completing a purchase or repeat purchases, and more.
- Flexible reward rules
- Rules priority
- Rules segmentation
- Email notifications
- Orders & refunds
- Import/export functionality
- Multi-website support
- Personalized notifications
- Payment methods support
- Advanced backend management
Flexible Reward Points Rules
There is naturally a multitude of scenarios where reward points can get earned and applied. The ability to set rules is critical to credit reward points when specific conditions are met.
The extension allows creating flexible rules to reward your customers for performing specific actions, such as placing an order, newsletter subscription, or leaving product reviews.
- Rewarding for each order placed
- X points for each Y spent starting from Z spent
- X points for each Y quantity starting from Z quantity
- Fixed/percentage points value
- Rewarding for specific product purchase
- Rewarding for completing particular actions
In case several rules get applied, it is essential to have the possibility to handle their priority effortlessly and avoid any confusion.
The priority setting of the extension enables you to manage this setup. Thus, the bigger the value, the higher the rule in the order of priority.
Additionally, in case several rules conditions are met, you get to stop any further rules from being processed.
- Setting rules priority
- Ability to stop further rules
A heterogeneous customer base, doing business in multiple locations, time-limited reward programs, and more ― rules restriction would be required to create and run better-targeted reward points campaigns.
The extension offers the convenience of rules segmentation, thus allowing merchants to run reward points-specific marketing activities based on customers’ location, segment, or limited period of time to stimulate specificed actions.
- Ability to restrict points by customer groups
- Ability to restrict points by store views
- Ability to restrict points by the validity period
Keeping customers engaged is getting harder. Email notifications not only allow keeping shoppers informed but increase their retention and lifetime value.
With the Reward Points extension, you can better engage with the customer base by sending email notifications.
- Email templates
- Expiration date emails
- Email sender configuration
- Notifications upon any points balance changes by the admin
- Different email templates for reward points rules
Did you know that Birthday emails have 481% higher transaction rate than promotional emails? Customers love to be thought of. As an alternative to presents, why not offer your shoppers reward points?
The functionality of the module enables you to set time of the day for birthday greetings when a specified amount of reward points gets added. Thus, you get to bring even more personalization to shopping with your brand.
- Reward points on special occasions, such as Birthdays
- Personalized email templates with greetings
Orders & Refunds Management
Dealing with orders and refunds can become a real challenge. Especially when it comes to orders that are fully/partially paid for with reward points but refunded afterwards. Or, for instance, when annulling points for placing an order that was later canceled.
MageWorx Reward Points extension makes such points application circumstances no real challenge that can be easily managed and dealt with from the backend.
- Displaying applied points in orders, invoices, shipments and notification emails
- Setting the number of points to return in case of a refund
- Ability to subtract points earned with an order in case of full order refund
For an effective loyalty program, half success is intuitive user experience for a customer. Just as reward points program should be easy to use, it is critical to eliminate any confusing touchpoints between a shopper and their reward points management.
The extension ensures reward points are seamlessly accumulated and redeemed with the possibility to either fully or partially cover orders’ cost. Information on points balance changes and expiration dates is conveniently listed in the account details. This all contributes to the enhanced shopping experience with your brand.
- Reward points block at the checkout
- For customers, the ability to fully/partially cover the cost of an order
- Ability to cancel reward points usage
- Personalized email notifications upon points balance changes
- Balance changes overview in the personal account
- Points expiration date overview
- Message column with comments you leave for shoppers
When running multiple stores in different languages/locations, the possibility to flawlessly setup store view-specific data is essential.
The extension allows you to offer reward points on different store views. Besides the possibility to set different rules, you get to translate their frontend names.
- Ability to specify websites where a rule should be applied
- Ability to translate frontend names for different store views
- Ability to conveniently overview a customer’s points balance on any website in a separate grid
Different Payment Methods Support
After a customer accumulates enough points to redeem them, they get an option to use points as one of the payment methods. To ensure reward points are used in conjunction with other payment methods, different payment methods support would be required.
The module ensures different payment methods support.
- Support of all default payment methods
- Support of PayPal
- Support of Authorize.net
Advanced Backend Management
No business is the same! To tailor and automate business-specific customer rewards systems, advanced configuration possibilities would be a must.
MageWorx Reward Points extension offers advanced backend management possibilities and makes the points setup flawless and intuitive.
- Separate column in ‘Customers’ grid to overview shoppers’ points balance
- Ability to add/deduct/overwrite balance directly from the ‘Customer Information’ section
- Sending notifications after manual points balance changes
- Advanced logs to overview customers’ activities with the points
- Ability to apply points when creating orders manually in the backend
- Updating credits per each site
- Points exchange rate
- Defining what can be covered with points: subtotal, shipping and/or tax
Import & Export Functionality
The ease of data management is vital today. When dealing with reward points, bulk editing/replacing/adding/deducting/commenting possibilities are essential, just as well as the ability to conveniently transfer points balances from one store to another.
The extension brings the convenience of reward points management to a whole new level. All the changes can be made in a couple of mouse clicks using a CSV file.
- Reward points import
- Reward points export
- Example CSV file available for download
Features of Reward Points Extension
Reward the customers for completing specific motivational actions, such as:
- order completing,
- writing the product review,
- newsletter subscription, or
- passive achievements such as a birthday gift.
For the order completing, different rules can be created:
- set the fixed number of points or calculate them as a percent from the order total,
- change the conversion rate of 1 reward point in the website base currency,
- give the specific (X) number of reward points to the order that is bigger than Y threshold,
- give the specific (X) number of reward points to the order that is bigger than Z threshold for each subsequent Y sum,
- give the specific (X) number of reward points to the order that has more than Y number of products in sum,
- give the specific (X) number of reward points to the order that has more than Z products for each subsequent Y number of products,
- check our special quick guide for the reward points rules to understand them better.
Apply advanced rules conditions. This will allow you to:
- define what can be covered with the points – subtotal, shipping and/or tax, prevent customers to pay shipping costs using credits if needed,
- assign the reward points to the specific customer groups for the particular store views,
- set the reward points to be calculated from the whole order or based on the matching products only,
- create the conditions for the whole cart to receive the points,
- apply advanced cart conditions to set up the rules, use all the product attributes available in the conditions,
- add the conditions to some specific products in the cart that should be taken into account for points calculation,
- set the priorities of the rules and make them applied accordingly or stop further rules.
Make your reward points expirable. This allows you to:
- change the expiration interval by giving the number of days for the rewards points,
- manually update the expiration date for the specific customers,
- mass update the existing expiration dates for the customers,
- set the new expiration rules to be applied for the future purchases,
- remind the customers about the approaching expiration date. The number of days to send the messages before the actual expiration can be set up.
Handle Reward Points
As a merchant, you can easily overview and manage all the reward points:
- monitor the reward points log with all the reward points gathered in one place,
- use reward points directly on the Order workspace: manually credit or deduct the reward points,
- handle the reward points calculations in case of the credit memos (partial or full refunds).
The extension supports different mechanisms motivating the customers to spend more:
- all the customers can overview their balance changes from the personal accounts and during the checkout,
- if the customers' order meets some rule conditions, you can show them the text block urging to meet all the conditions to receive the reward points,
- let the customers fully/partially cover the cost of their orders with the earned points,
- show the current customers' balance in the website's header section.
The email notifications available in our extension bring your customers back:
- assign different email templates to different reward points rules,
- notify the customers of any balance changes, both automatic and manual,
- remind the customers about the approaching expiration date.
This feature provides the possibility to update current customers' balances in bulk or transfer the balances quickly between your stores in one click. These operations are managed using the CSV file format
If you migrate your website from Magento 1 (with our Reward Points extension installed) to Magento 2, you can transfer the customers’ balances to a new store.
The Reward Points extension supports Magento 2 Rest API. With this functionality you can:
- retrieve a customer's balance via API,
- update a customer's balance via API,
- retrieve an amount of applied points for particular order via API,
- apply a custom amount of customer's points to a cart quote via API (this feature can be helpful if you build a 3rd party store front and need to add the reward points functionality to the purchase flow in it).
Also, the extension doesn't share any personal info with third parties, and doesn't use this data for any marketing purposes.
Customer Reviews 49 item(s)
Very good extensionDoes what it says in the description and works well
NiceWe have tried this extension for some time and I think it's one of the better ones on the market. What I especially like is the possibility to use decimal points. That way we use the extension more as a currency within our shop, which makes it more clear to our customers how much the points are worth.
We do have 3 major wishes for new features that we would like:
- At the moment if customer uses points for their order but cancel the payment and to back to cart, the points are already substracted. I believe that points should only be substracted when at least the invoice is created/paid.
- When a customer earns points by ordering a product, but pays the full order with existing points in their account (so grand total is € 0,00), the new earned points are not added.
- Would be great to have an affiliate/refer a friend extension that works together with these reward points. So customers can earn points by referring friends.
The best way to stimulate customers with rewards.This is a great extension for interacting with customers. The best way to stimulate customers with rewards.
LOVE IT!I love Mageworx products. THis is the 3rd app by them I use on my store. This is by far the best reward points extension I have used (and the most affordable one)! My customers are loving it and actively use my store credits, which makes the product worth every penny. Thumbs up for the great product and excellent service.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Seem to be a really good solution to grow the business. The support is quick, nice and VERY helpful.Thank you!