In this post, we are providing an overview of Magento 2 third-party modules that are especially useful for merchants who run brick-and-mortar stores along with online shops.
Today, we will talk about Magento 2 store locator extensions that are built for improving users’ experience on the frontend by allowing them to conveniently search for the closest stores and find directions to them on the map. All the described tools expand the default functionality and bring some unique features to Magento 2 websites, at which we have a closer look below.
Table of Contents
- 1 Magento 2 Store Locator & In-Store Pickup Extensions Comparison Table
- 2 Magento 2 Store Locator and Map List Extension by Magenest
- 3 Magento 2 Store Locator Extension by MageDelight
- 4 Magento 2 Store Locator & In-store Pickup Extension by MageWorx
- 5 Magento 2 Store Locator Extension by Aheadworks
- 6 Magento 2 Store Locator Extension by Amasty
- 7 Magento 2 Store Locator Extension by DP Extensions
- 8 Magento 2 Dealer & Store Locator by IWD Agency
- 9 Conclusion
Magento 2 Store Locator & In-Store Pickup Extensions Comparison Table
- Separate page with offline stores listing;
- Display of pinned store locations on Google Maps;
- Two search bar options for filtering out stores list;
- Possibility to narrow down results by setting search radius;
- Dedicated pages with detailed info on each store location;
- Working hours and special dates configuration;
- Option to add icons and images to each store page;
- Directions to the selected shop based on a customer’s location;
- Possibility to switch between street and satellite view on the map;
- Zoom in/out feature;
- Options to set store coordinates manually or by detecting location directly on the map;
- Offline shops list on the product description pages;
- Design responsive on mobile devices.
Magento 2 Store Locator & Map List by Magenest enables merchants to create a list of their offline stores and display them on a separate page with the Google Maps view. The module’s functionality allows website visitors to filter store locations by entering their address in a search bar on the store locator page or specifying the search radius in kilometers or miles.
After finding a nearby shop, a customer can check its details by clicking the View This Store button. As a store owner, you can add the following information to each of your offline outlets: a store name and description, contact and address details, website, as well as opening hours and dates of special events. Besides, you can show a store icon, featured images, and photo slider on each location page. Store details are also displayed in the popup window that opens after clicking on the particular shop’s pin on the map.
With the Magento 2 Google Maps list module, web store visitors can also get detailed directions from their locations to a selected offline shop and can check how long it takes to get there. In the same way as when using Google Maps, frontend users can allow GPS navigation to locate their position or set a custom starting point for the route.
From the backend perspective, first, users should acquire a Google Map API key to authenticate the extension with their Google account. Then, store administrators will be able to create multiple points of sale with all necessary details included, set their location on the map, and assign products from your catalog. Also, you can configure the list of stores where a specific item is available and display them on the product description page.
- Offline stores list displayed on a separate web page;
- Integration with Google Maps;
- Possibility to look for stores using various criteria;
- Option to set a default search radius;
- Route directions from the specified location to an outlet;
- Sattelite and street views of the map with zoom in/out feature;
- Possibility to set a store position on the map by specifying longitude and latitude;
- Automatic locating of a store address in the backend;
- Customizable store pinpoints displayed on Google Maps;
- Separate pages with detailed info on each offline shop;
- Display of workdays and opening hours on a store page;
- Upcoming holidays list in the store details;
- Ability to specify meta tags for each store page;
- Responsive user interface;
- Import/export functionality via CSV.
MageDelight provides another solution for business owners who run both online and brick-and-mortar stores. The company’s store locator module allows Magento 2 merchants to show their offline shops on a separate website page and help customers find nearest outlets on the Google map. Website visitors can search for a necessary store using different parameters.
The extension allows users to enter their city, state/province, zip/postal code in the dedicated box, as well as set radius to define a specific area to locate your outlets on the map. Besides, store admins can set default criteria to provide customers with a more convenient search. Due to the interactive map, your storefront visitors can easily find the route to the nearest shop from their current location or a position set on Google Maps.
Online shoppers can choose how they prefer to view your stores on the map, whether in the default map view or satellite view, and use zooming in or out to get a clear understanding of the shop location.
Online store owners can include exhaustive information about each of their points of sale, including address, contacts, images, page URL, store description, website, links to Facebook and Twitter profiles, and image thumbnail. Moreover, you can specify working hours for each particular day, as well as holiday dates per each store. Customers can view store details on a separate page of your website that also shows an outlet’s location on the map.
As for SEO improvements, the MageDelight Store Locator extension for Magento 2 lets users specify meta data, including meta title, keywords, and description for each store page, as well as URL keys. Besides, it is possible to make the store list view page more SEO friendly by adding meta description and keywords.
- Separate CMS page with the offline stores list;
- Display of store locations on an interactive map integrated with Google Maps;
- 5 layout options for the store locator page;
- Preview of the store listing page design in the backend;
- Custom icons for location markers on the map;
- Filtering of store list by address or radius;
- Search-by-text box on the store locator page;
- Directions to a selected store from a customer’s location;
- MaxMind GeoIP usage for automatic detection of user location on the frontend;
- Automatic detection of store coordinates in the backend;
- Adjustable store pin location on the map;
- Separate store pages with detailed info and images;
- Configuration of working schedule for the whole week or each day of the week;
- Display of store details in a popup on the map;
- Products selection display in the store details;
- Product availability block on the product pages;
- SEO optimization of store detail and store list pages;
- Responsive design of store listing and store location pages;
- Pickup in-store shipping option at the checkout;
- PayPal Express support;
- Ability to checkout with multiple addresses;
- Import and export of data via CSV files;
- Magento 2 MSI support.
The MageWorx Store Locator and In-store Pickup extension offers a robust solution for listing your brick-and-mortar stores on a separate page with an interactive map. The page is generated automatically and can be adjusted to your website design by selecting one of five different layouts. The Magento 2 module allows admin users to preview the customized store locator page in a live mode in the backend.
As a store owner, you decide whether to display your points of sale on the map view or not. If the function is enabled, your physical stores will be displayed as pins on Google Maps.
The MageWorx Store Locator and Pickup extension provides website visitors with a convenient view of nearby shops and allows filtering store list by country, region, or city. Customers can view the details of a store in the popup window by clicking on its pinpoint on the map or opening the Details link in the store filter block.
Furthermore, a customer can check the route to a selected shop with detailed directions right on the map. Note that the Magento 2 module utilizes the MaxMind GeoIP functionality and country and city IP database that allows detecting a user’s current location instantly.
Moreover, the Magento 2 store locator module by MageWorx creates separate pages for each offline shop. Store owners can specify all essential information about each of their outlets, such as an address, contacts (including Instagram, Facebook, Skype, and Whatsapp accounts), and website URL. Besides, it is possible to add a custom image, create a store description using HTML tags, and set a working schedule per each weekday separately. Note that the Store Locator & Pickup Magento 2 extension uses AJAX when loading store details.
Another great feature you get after installing the Magento 2 store locator module is the ability to manage products in each physical shop and display them on the store details page. Store owners can select how to assign products: whether to the whole catalog, particular items manually picked out from the grid, or a product selection based on the specified conditions. Besides, you can place a widget on the product pages showing the available quantity in stock and exact shops where customers can find your goods. You can choose one of the five templates for the “Availability in stores” widget that will better fit into the page layout.
As for SEO features brought by the Magento 2 store locator and pickup module, online store owners get necessary tools for optimizing both “Find a Store” page and store detail pages. With the extension, you can generate SEO friendly URLs, set 301 redirects from old URL links, add breadcrumbs and canonical tags, and configure default meta robots. It is also possible to specify meta title, description, and keywords for the store pages.
Compared to the store locator solutions described above, the MageWorx extension brings a unique function allowing customers to select in-store pickup as a delivery option at the checkout. This way, you can extend shipping methods on your online shop and allow customers to choose the most convenient store location where they want their order to be delivered. Moreover, the Store Pickup module enables customers to select different pickup points for various items in a single order due to the support for native Magento 2 multi-address checkout.
Another prominent feature of the MageWorx extension is the MSI support, which allows assigning physical stores to selected inventory sources. This way, you can streamline the management of products stock and track the availability of required products in each source more efficiently.
Thus, you can generate SEO friendly URLs, set 301 redirects from old URL links, add breadcrumbs and canonical tags, configure default meta robots, as well as specify meta title, description, and keywords for the store pages.
- Store search results list with an interactive map view;
- Google Maps used by default for store locations display;
- Possibility to customize default map markers;
- Automatic detection of store location based on the specified address;
- Ability to set latitude and longitude values for locating a store on the map;
- Store search by address or distance on the frontend;
- “Find My Location” button for auto-detection of customer location;
- Options to display the map in street or satellite view;
- Detailed information on each physical shop;
- Custom store icons;
- Meta tags for the store locator page;
- Option to place a custom CMS block on the store locator page;
- Mobile-friendly design;
- Import of offline locations from a CSV file.
Aheadworks brings another solution for Magento 2 web stores that allows searching for offline shops location. With the module, online shoppers can look for nearby shops within a particular area by specifying their country, region, city, or zip code in the Search by Address tab on the store locator page. Another option to search for a necessary store is to set a search radius in the Search by Distance tab on the same page. Storefront users can also leverage the automatic location detection function by pressing the appropriate button next to the current location field.
Store administrators can set the location of each store in the backend and display it on Google Maps for website visitors. With the Magento 2 store locator extension by Aheadworks, it is possible to set the default map zoom in the store backoffice and pin an unlimited number of offline locations on the interactive map.Moreover, you can make your brick-and-mortar shops easily recognizable by displaying custom markers on the map.
When creating a new offline location, you can specify all necessary details to provide customers with comprehensive information on each of your shops. The Magento 2 module lets admin users create a store title, add address and contact details, specify all essential information in the store description, and upload a custom image. Store details are shown in the list of stores displayed along with the location on the map.
It is also necessary to mention that the Aheadworks extension provides settings for the SEO improvement of the store search page with the possibility to specify meta keywords and description.
Also, it is possible to add new stores in bulk by importing a CSV file in the native Magento Data Import section.
- Possibility to display multiple offline store locations on the map;
- Stores filtering based on current customer location and search radius;
- “Locate Nearby” button in the store filter block;
- Automatic or manual setting of location coordinates;
- Customizable “find a store” page;
- Support for default and satellite map view;
- Automatic clustering of neighbored locations;
- Extended filtering based on custom store attributes;
- Ability to specify extra information for each physical store;
- Gallery with store images;
- Weekly store schedule configuration;
- “Available in Stores” widget on product pages;
- Possibility to display store locator widget on any website page;
- Dedicated grid with store reviews;
- Import of store location data;
- Import of a CSV file with Geo IP data;
- Optimized for usage on mobile devices.
The Magento 2 Store Locator extension by Amasty is another beneficial tool for eCommerce store owners who sell their goods in brick-and-mortar shops. Similar to the modules described above, it provides the functionality for a convenient search of store locations on the Google map and allows adding a description and other important information to each offline shop.
From the admin perspective, the module provides users with an easy-to-configure backend interface, advanced geolocation settings, and allows a quick update of store info and adding new locations via CSV.
The Amasty module’s functionality offers convenient search options for physical stores. Website visitors can utilize the “Locate Nearby” button to allow the system to detect their location automatically. Another option is to set a search radius in kilometers or miles to narrow down the search results to a particular area. Moreover, after installing the store locator extension, your customers will be able to check the distance to a selected shop and its opening hours on the present day. Locations in the search results are sorted by geo position and shown on the map, whether as a single store or clusters grouped by location in various colors.
Another feature of the Amasty store locator extension is related to custom filter attributes. Store owners can add extra information about their offline locations, such as parking availability, payment methods, brands, ATM availability, and a day of new arrivals.
Additional store details can be utilized by shoppers to set advanced search parameters and filter out your points of sale according to their needs.
Furthermore, the Magento 2 Store Locator extension by Amasty allows assigning the products or categories selection based on set conditions to each store individually. With this feature, website visitors can check in which shops a particular item is currently available and open the store details from the product page. Besides, the Magento 2 module enables store owners to place the map with listed offline store locations on any page of their website.
- Offline store locations search on the Google map;
- Multiple store locations displayed on the map;
- Customizable layout of the store finder page;
- Auto-fill of a customer location on the frontend;
- Store filtering based on the selected distance;
- Extra parameters for store search based on the available services;
- Display of offline location details in the separate block on the map;
- Custom design of store location markers;
- Step-by-step store directions on the interactive map;
- Possibility to select a type of transport for map directions;
- Reverse directions (from a store to a customer’s address);
- Separate pages with details on each store location;
- Configuration of work schedule for each store;
- Store data export via CSV or XML.
DP Extensions offers one more useful third-party solution that improves the user experience of website visitors by allowing them to look for your brick-and-mortar shops on the Google map. The Magento 2 store finder module adds a page to your site where customers can search for nearby offline locations and get step-by-step directions to a shop that they want to visit. The store locator page can be customized by adjusting the map size and changing default map markers.
Using the Magento 2 store locator extension, customers have various options for the store search. Thus, an auto-detected or specified address as well as radius can be utilized for narrowing down the stores selection. Moreover, it is possible to specify extra details of offline locations in the backend, i.e., availability of free parking, ATMs, free Wi-Fi, etc., and use these attributes for filtering shops.
After a customer applies all filters for locating the stores, the relevant search results will be displayed on the map, as well as in the block listing all store locations sorted by distance on the same page. Each box in the store list block provides more detailed information, including address, phone number, working schedule, and additional services if available. It is also possible to inform website visitors about a store address and contact, as well as place the Street View, Directions, and More Info buttons in the location popup on the map.
As for the store details pages, they can be accessed by pressing the “More Info” button in the popup window or via a direct link. A store viewer page generated by the Magento 2 store locator module shows a store location on the map, a street view image, opening hours, extra amenities if there are any, and allows building route directions from a customer’s address to the point of sale or vice versa.
- Offline store locations display on the map;
- Store filter based on customer location and radius;
- Sorting of store search results by distance, position, or title;
- Custom message when no appropriate results are found;
- Custom icons for the map marker;
- Satellite and map view types;
- Zoom in/out feature on the mouse scroll;
- Customizable size of the store locator map;
- Option to display search radius on the map;
- Additional store info in the popup on the map;
- Custom store images;
- Display of the route to a specific location via Google Maps;
- CMS block with banners and custom content displayed above the map;
- Ability to specify meta tags for the store locator page;
- Maps API service support;
- CSV import of existing store locations.
The Magento 2 dealer/store locator module by IWD Agency allows website visitors to search for the closest shops and view route directions on the map integrated with Google Maps.
With the tool, frontend users can locate stores on the map by specifying their country, city, state, and zip code, or radius. As a store admin, you can enable auto location function for detection of a customer’s location, which provides accurate search results.
After loading the results according to the parameters in the filter, all relevant offline locations will be displayed on the map. The Magento 2 module enables store owners to upload custom marker icons and a search radius circle with custom color and opacity. By clicking on the store pin, a customer can view details of a store, such as its name, address, contact info, and a website link. In the store popup window, there is also the Get Directions button that allows checking a route to the destination shop.
As for the backend configuration of the Magento 2 dealer and store locator module, it allows admins to add multiple store locations, specify store info, adjust search settings, and fine-tune the design of the store search page. It is also necessary to mention that you can use a created store locator page title as a meta title, as well as specify meta keywords and description.
All the Magento 2 store locator extensions reviewed above bring merchants the possibility to guide their website visitors to their offline points of sale. By installing any of these tools, you will provide online shoppers with a convenient search for physical store locations on the map integrated with Google.
As for other features, they vary depending on the chosen module, so you can pick the one which functionality corresponds better with your business goals. In any case, implementing a store finder page on a web store improves user experience on the storefront, builds customer loyalty, and helps merchants promote their physical stores.
Please note that the presented above overview of extensions is not a “from-first-to-worst” list. All described Magento 2 store locator modules extend the default platform’s possibilities and provide store owners with different features for adding missing functionality. So, it’s up to you to decide which one is the best solution for your web store depending on your particular needs.