March was certainly a challenging month for many of us. The whole world had to learn how to live, work, and study under the conditions of the pandemic. At MageWorx, we have done the utmost to ensure the safety of each team member. For the period of quarantine, we practice self-isolation, stay at home, and work remotely without compromising the quality of our solutions and support.
Deeply concerned about the safety of Magento-based merchants, we’ve revamped our roadmap to introduce a free solution that might be helpful during these challenging times.
Read on for more details. Keep your Magento 2 extensions updated and, most importantly, stay safe!
Table of Contents
New Free Magento 2 Extension
As the coronavirus spreads throughout the world, social distancing and self-isolation become one of the five recommendations, many of us opt to follow.
To support Magento 2-based businesses during these challenging times, we offer a free solution that is aimed at making order delivery and receipt safer.
Thus, with the extension, you’ll be able to:
- Add no-contact delivery functionality to the checkout,
- Add contactless delivery label to product pages,
- Assign contact-free delivery to specific shipping methods,
- Assign contact-free delivery to specific payment methods,
- Change the no-contact delivery labels for the checkout and product pages,
- Add explanations for no-contact delivery for checkout and product pages,
- Translate text to any languages.
Additionally, the extension supports multi-stores installations.
For more details, make sure to visit the product page 👇
March Extensions Updates
Advanced Product Options (+ Custom Options Templates)
Easily overcome the default Magento 2 functionality―add a multitude of product variations in a couple of mouse clicks. The add-on is a have-it-all solution that brings product options customization to a whole new level, including the variants’ pricing, images, inventory tracking, SKU, and more.
In March, we gave special attention to improving the code quality of the extension. The following bugs have been fixed:
- Link and swatch displaying issue,
- Several templates and dependency rules issue,
- Double tax calculation issue on product pages,
- Wrong incl/excl amounts for special prices when catalog price’s input from admin contains tax,
- Fixes dropdown/multiselect hide issue for Safari,
- Wrong display of the double quotes in option titles,
- Min/max quantity issue in the cart for independent/grouped SKU policy modes,
- Wrong price for products with independent/grouped SKU policy caused by the currency switcher,
- Wrong discount calculations for excluded by independent/grouped SKU policy products.
Additionally, the extension has added the new feature―shareable link. It’s an analog for the ‘configure custom options by URL’ functionality we had in Magento 1.
Now, you and your customers can easily get shareable links for the final product configurations. This can be helpful during specific marketing activities as you get to drive your customers to products with a specific options setup.
To enable the functionality, go to System > Configuration > MageWorx > Advanced Product Options > Option Features:
To learn more about the features implemented within the previous updates, please jump to the dedicated blog post. With the help of screencasts and detailed descriptions, we will guide you through the useful novelties. Read on >>>
Store Locator & In-Store Pickup
Run both online & brick-and-mortar stores? Why not introduce a trending buy online pickup in-store functionality then? Magento lists BOPIS as one of four unexpected boosts online shopping has benefited from this year.
With our extension, you can offer the online shoppers to opt for a new convening shipping method at the checkout, create SEO-optimized & content-rich location pages to attract more targeted both foot & online traffic, generate a separate Find a Store page with pinned stores location on Google Maps, specify products availability for each location, and more. GeoIP & import/export functionality. API support.
This year has been rich on updates for the Store Locator & In-Store Pickup extension. In March, the team worked on improving the code quality of the extension. The following bugs have been fixed:
- Issue with the ‘Use my location’ button,
- Error with ajax request for store codes and long URLs.
Additionally, loading the pop-up on configurable products have been improved.
The following new pieces of functionality are within the previous this year extension updates:
Also, understanding the importance of UX, we’ve been improving the frontend experience from using the functionality our extension brings. Thus, the ‘store-list’ layout and the styles for location data format on the front-end have been improved. To find the setup, go to Stores > Configuration > MageWorx > Store Locator. Choose the Popup Layout setting:
Now, you can make the best use of the following additions to the core extension’s functionality:
- Google Maps Autocomplete for search functionality.
It allows enabling the type-ahead-search behavior of the Google Maps search field, i.e., as soon as your customer starts typing a store address they need, the autocomplete will fill in the rest.
To tweak the functionality, go to Stores > Settings > MageWorx > Store Locator > Map Settings. There, you’ll see the ‘Show autocomplete results only from these countries’ setting:
On the frontend, it looks as follows:
2. ‘There are no stores’ message in case no stores are found
The setup is located in the main extension’s settings, i.e., following this very root: Store > Configuration > MageWorx > Store Locator > Product Page:
3. Possibility to use the extension without MSI
To tweak the functionality, go to Stores > MageWorx Stores. Then, select a store you wish to make edits to and choose ‘Products in Store’:
4. Support for new MaxMind database policy
It has been introduced for all MageWorx extensions that use the mentioned database format.
The following bugs have been fixed for the extension:
- Problem with the map for ‘show my location’,
- Problems with creating order from the back-end,
- Several issues with API.
In case you’ve missed the early winter updates for the extension, here they are:
1. Search-by-text box & radius filter for Store Locator.
2. Possibility to link location to existing sources.
3. Pickup for Paypal Express checkout.
You won’t find separate configurations for the functionality. Nevertheless, after the update, the map with pickup options gets automatically displayed on the order review page, when PayPal Express is enabled.
4. Magento 2 MSI support.
Now, when creating/editing MageWorx Stores, Source―which are actually used in MSI―can be selected as a products source.
5. Magento 2 multi-address checkout support.
After the update, the map for the in-store pickup selection gets displayed in case of multi-shipping, i.e., when a shopper clicks the “Check out with Multiple Addresses’ button in the shopping cart.
6. New layout for the ‘available in stores’ block.
Some of the updates are based on the little hints we get from you about what we should work on next. We appreciate your feedback and welcome suggestions at [email protected]
Stay tuned as more updates are just around the corner!