The end of October has brought the new Magento 2.4.1 version to us with its performance and security improvements.
The new release boasts:
- Support of
SamSiteattribute for cookies
- Addition of CAPTCHA protection for payment- and order-related API endpoints
- Place Order storefront page
- Fixes of all know security issues identified in Magento 2.4.0
At Mageworx, we also did our best to bring more useful updates.
Read on to see the summary of what’s new and all the improvements since the last month.
Table of Contents
Extensions Updates in October
First released back in 2016, the Magento 2 Shipping extension has been tailored to include everything you might need for shipping management. Be it creating an unlimited number of carriers, methods, and rates. Be it flexible shipping rules & conditions. Be it advanced postal code validation, including alphanumeric postal codes, and more.
In October, the tech team focused on improving how the shipping rules work with Magento 2 MSI.
Now, the conditions by the stock attributes support the inventory sources.
Please note that you’d need to install the compatibility patch for that. Follow the link to download the patch from our Github account.
SEO Suite Ultimate
Modesty aside, SEO Suite Ultimate is the first and most popular all-in-one SEO extension for Magento 2 stores. It is a full-featured SEO solution that covers a full range of on-page SEO activities: from optimizing small page elements to building a well-thought site architecture.
One but yet the vital feature was added to the extension last month―GraphQL support.
You can enjoy the possibility to integrate the SEO Suite Ultimate extension with PWA storefronts.
Advanced Product Options
Easily overcome the default Magento 2 functionality―add a multitude of product variations in a couple of mouse clicks. The add-on is a have-it-all solution that brings product options customization to a whole new level, including the variants’ pricing, images, inventory tracking, SKU, and more.
October was rich in the updates for the extension indeed.
To start with, it has added compatibility with Magento 2.4.1 and experienced performance improvements.
Advanced Product Options added the Price per character price type for text options.
This feature will be especially useful for print-on-demand businesses or, for example, during the holiday sales season if you wish to offer gift personalization opportunities for your customers. The sky’s the limit.
The following list of bugs was fixed:
- Issue with the options special prices when creating the orders manually in the back-end
- Problem with images re-saving on every options template save
- Issue with the SKU Policy = Independent when creating the orders manually in the back-end
- JS error in the process of products configuration when creating the orders manually in the back-end
- Default state of the Qnty input field if the option is marked as default
- Issue with Re-order feature from the back-end
- Issue with duplicating the price for multiple items in the cart
- Problem when the configurable products with the same options were added as separate cart items
- Problem with replace main product image by the default options
- Problem with displaying the option’s gallery if the options are set as default
- Issue when the configurable product price was set to 0 if the dynamic options were installed
- JS error on the product page if the product has the date options
- Other bug fixes
Store Locator, In-Store & Curbside Pickup
Run both online & brick-and-mortar stores? Why not introduce a trending buy online pickup in-store functionality then? Magento lists BOPIS as one of four unexpected boosts online shopping has benefited from this year.
With our extension, you can offer the online shoppers to opt for a new convening shipping method at the checkout, create SEO-optimized & content-rich location pages to attract more targeted both foot & online traffic, generate a separate Find a Store page with pinned stores location on Google Maps, specify products availability for each location, and more. GeoIP & import/export functionality. API support.
Lately, the extension has added compatibility with Elastic search 7.
Moreover, now, Store Locator, In-Store & Curbside Pickup allows updating the store hours via API and displays more than 256 pins on the map.
Now, the extension saves the user location in the user’s session to filter the nearest stores automatically.
The module has also fixed the Cache issue on the Locator page.
Ever wanted to drive more sales, increase the AOV, and save on billing and shipping expenses? That’s where the extension comes in handy. Besides that, the extension improves customers’ shopping experience by providing them with such options as rush delivery, product insurance, check commission, extended warranty, gift wrapping, and so much more!
In October, the extension added the detailed fees block to the order totals in emails and fixed some minor bugs.
Timely delivery allows cultivating customer trust. Additionally, information about the closest delivery time on product pages helps online shoppers better organize their spare time while reducing the possibility of second-guessing a purchase. For store managers, the extension brings the power of simplified deliveries management: delivery calendar for orders queue overview, ability to exclude holidays from delivery days, setting order limits, and so much more!
The extension adds the functionality to set the cutoff time per product and fixes:
- Incorrect error message when DeliveryDate is required
- Incorrect date/time timezone in admin panel (in different admin locales)
Custom Order Number
Expand the native numbering scheme of Magento 2 through order length editing, custom prefixes, increment prefixes, and starting numbers.
With this under control, you’ll protect valuable business data from being publicly available, indicate the kind of documentation (order, invoice, shipment, or credit memo), make order number digits more customer-friendly, and so much more.
Custom Order Number added compatibility with Magento 2.4 in October.
No customer wants unexpected expenses at the checkout, especially when it comes to delivery and shipping fees. With the Shipping Cost Calculator extension for Magento 2, you get to let shoppers calculate shipping costs right on product pages. Thus, conversion rates increase, and customer experience improves.
Lately, the extension has adds the feature to set calculator fields required, and
- Removed unnecessary _isScopePrivate from the calculator block class (frontend, product page)
- Fixed the calculation with custom options (type: “checkboxes”, “multiselect”)
Some of the updates are based on the little hints we get from you about what we should work on next. We appreciate your feedback and welcome suggestions at [email protected]
Stay tuned as more updates are just around the corner!