This is a guest article by AbdurRahman Lakhani, Magento Community Manager.
Looking to start an eCommerce business with optimized store performance that maximizes output?
Magento is a powerful eCommerce platform for you. Built on an advanced architecture and design pattern, Magento incorporates the latest technologies, like Adobe Sensei, Web Page Builders, PWA, and more. What’s more, its frequent Magento upgrades to the stack continually improve the shopping experience for users. It’s no surprise this powerful platform has been helping out thousands of online store owners for more than a decade.
But any Magento merchant looking to optimize store performance needs a reliable hosting solution. When it comes to best hosting for Magento, you need to ensure you use a platform that fulfills Magento’s technical requirements. In that vein, I’ve curated a list of the top Magento web hosting providers to narrow down your choices.
Table of Contents
- A2 Hosting
- In a Nutshell
If you want to focus more on your business without the distraction of server management hassles, Cloudways is your go-to option. Cloudways allows you to host your Magento application on top cloud providers including DigitalOcean, Vultr, Linode, AWS, and GCE, all with managed server resources. All you need to do is create your account with Cloudways, and within a few minutes, your Magento server would be operational.
- Dedicated firewalls
- Staging environment
- Advanced cache including FPC, Varnish, Memcached, and Redis to speed up your Magento store
- Offer seamless vertical through 1-click
- Launch unlimited applications on a single server using a single click
- Automated Magento application backup as frequently as you choose
- Multiple PHP versions (5.6 – 8.0)
- One free managed migration to the Cloudways platform
All backed by 24/7/365 expert support. Advanced SLA is also available.
Cloudways offers Pay-As-You-Go pricing, which means you will pay for the resources that you utilize. An initial 4GB hosting plan is recommended for Magento applications, which starts from $42/mo.
Grab a Cloudways FREE trial account using DigitalOcean, Linode, and Vultr.
Nexcess has been offering eCommerce merchant-optimized web hosting since Magento came into existence. If you are concerned about the speed, security, and growth of your Magento store, then Nexcess might be the hosting provider for you. Users have the leverage to choose the data centers of their virtual cloud server with Nexcess.
- CDN technology
- Secure payment processes via PCI-compliant hosting.
- Magento PWA-ready servers
- Immediate and auto server scaling during traffic surges with 24 free hours
- Magento 1 extended security
- Proactive security for Magento applications
- Staging environment
- Domain Management
The XS hosting plan with Nexcess starts at $49/mo.
Nexcess offers 24/7/365 support as well through phone, chat, and email.
Hostinger offers an optimized Magento website hosting solution, as well as a 30-day money-back guarantee. The easy-to-use Hostinger dashboard lets you fill in some information to install your Magento application, and then the server does the rest.
Additionally, CloudFlare adds an extra layer of security to avoid any uncertain activity within the server.
- Unlimited database
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Free CDN, SSL & domain
- Availability of multiple data centers
- Supports Multiple PHP versions
- SSH & Git access
- DNS & cache management
- Daily Backup
The cloud startup plan starts from $9.99/mo.
24/7/365 support is available.
Webscoot’s cloud hosting services are powered by AWS. The server scalability option allows merchants to scale their resources as the store grows.
A dedicated team looks after the security patches and server updates to avoid any possible DDoS or brute force attacks.
- SSD-based cloud servers
- Built-in CDN & WAF
- Uptime monitoring
- Premium Magento application firewall
- Handles traffic spikes and downgrades server resources easily
- Advanced server-level caching
- Free SSL for lifetime
- Malware scanning
Webscoot offers a growing Magento web hosting plan – $4GB for $150/mo.
Proactive 24/7 expert support is available.
A2 Hosting provides reliable, super-fast, and pocket-friendly hosting for Magento applications. They work around all types of Magento web hosting, including shared, VPS, and cloud. A2 Hosting allows users to pick a yearly plan with their desired level of features and accessibility.
- Supports PHP versions ranging from 5.6 to 8.0.
- Free SSL, SSH access, & site migration
- Unlimited email accounts
- Unlimited websites & NVMe storage
- Free HackScan Protection to block hacks before they can attack your Magento website
- Free Automatic backups
- Website Staging
A2 Hosting offers two effective plans: Turbo Boost for $9.99/mo, and the Turbo Max for 14.99/mo.
24/7/365 live chat, phone & email support available.
Hostgator ensures the stability of your Magento application and offers many great Magento hosting features within a minimal budget.
- Free dedicated IP, SSL, & Hostgator website builder
- Single Magento application installation
- Unlimited disk space & bandwidth
- Friendly & easy to use cPanel control.
- Unlimited autoresponders, mail forwards, and email aliases.
- Application monitoring via AWStats, Webalizer, Raw Log Manager, Referrer, and Error Logs
- Unlimited Domain
- Free website transfer
The Hostgator basic plan starts from $2.75/mo. The Baby & Business plan starts at $5.95/mo.
24/7/365 premium support via phone and live chat available.
InMotion performs well when it comes to uptime, speed, and support, the essential requirements of every Magento merchant. They have a wide variety of Magento hosting plans for shared, dedicated servers, managed VPS, and cloud VPS.
- Quality Dell servers
- Easy application installation
- A single click to keep your eCommerce store updated to avoid malicious attacks
- Dedicated IP address
- MySQL database support
- Free automated backups
- Multiple data centers are available
- Private SSL
A 4GB Magento hosting plan starts from $17.99/mo.
24/7/365 customer support.
Webscale gives you the unique feature of a predictive auto-scaling part alongside 100% uptimes and faster performance. Their various pricing plans include Core, Standard, Pro, Business, and Enterprise. You can also check out the complete Magento hosting services by requesting a product demo.
- Offer faster performance without CDN
- WAF & bot protection to secure Magento stores
- Supports M1 applications
- Cloud load balancer available
- Application backup & custom maintenance mode
- Predictive application auto-scaling
- Support headless hosting
- 360 security for Magento application
The pricing plan depends on the application requirement.
24/7/365 Premium Support with a 15-minute response time. SLA is available for critical incidents.
MageMojo uses AWS to host Magento applications and capably manages enterprise projects. They ensure 100% uptime with guaranteed store security. With MageMojo, you will always get the fixed pricing model, and you don’t need to buy an additional AWS account.
- Easy environment management for developers
- Auto-scaling & optimized Magento server
- Single dashboard to manage all cloud operations
- Health Checks( HTTP, MYSQL, Cron, High CPU, High Load Average Alerts & much more)
- Whitelisting Validation for Sucuri
- SFTP & SSH access
- Magento 2 cron
- Using Stratus Route 53 DNS
The Starter plan starts from $98/mo with 100GB storage.
Open 24/7; as they say, everyone hates downtime.
FastComet targets startup owners or individuals migrating a huge Magento application. They cater to all the necessary server requirements for Magento stores, including SSD-based cloud servers and faster access to database files. (Try the Magento Downloads extension to attach various types of downloadable files conveniently).
- Free Cloudflare CDN & migration
- Allow daily & weekly backups without any charges
- Complete account isolation & brute force protection for all the services
- Free SSL encryption
- Support Varnish & Opcode caching
- Daily server optimization report
- 1 enterprise-class data centers and 200 Global CDN access points
- Powered by cPanel
Cloud VPS Magento hosting plan starts from $9.95/mo.
Free 24/7 Priority Support.
In a Nutshell
All the providers mentioned above offer superb services for Magento-based applications. We’d love to hear about your experience with these and other Magento hosting providers. Feel free to share your experience in the comments.
About the author:
Abdur Rahman is the Magento whizz at Cloudways. He is growth ambitious and aims to learn & share information about eCommerce & Magento Development through practice and experimentation. He loves to travel and explore new ideas whenever he finds time. Get in touch with him at [email protected]