Magento 2 Sitemap Setup
A sitemap is basically the list that contains links to the various pages of your Magento 2 store. In other words, it is simply an outline of what your store contains that directs search engines wherever you want them to look. A sitemap serves as a communication channel with search engines and fa-cilitates optimization by making navigation of your Magento store easier and increasing its online visibility. It enables a search engine to navigate your entire Magento 2 store easily. This is important in optimization process because some search engines, Google, for example, provides ranking for both the Magento store and its content. This improves visibility. It helps not only in SEO, it likewise makes your online store better organized. So, it is advisable to setup a sitemap before designing your Magento 2 store.
Sitemap generation using Magento 2 is extremely easy; you can set it up and customize it settings in just a minute. Sitemap updates are necessary whenever there are changes to your Magento store’s content. This can be done automatically in Magento when you configure the appropriate settings.
Generating sitemaps using Magento 2 can be done through
- the following steps:
- Log-in and go to your admin area, then click on the Stores tab from the sidebar.
- Select the Configuration option, click the Catalog section and then select the XML Sitemap option from the dropdown list.
Step 1: Access the sitemap configuration form
Step 2: Set the priority and frequency of every section
Three sections will appear: Categories, Products and CMS Pages. Each op-tion has its own priority and frequency settings.
- Choose the desired frequency for each section. You may set it to Al-ways, Weekly, Daily, Hourly, etc.
- Set the desired priority for each section from 0.0 to 1.0. Zero is the lowest priority.
- In the Products Options section, set the image limit for inclusion in the sitemap by configuring the Add Images into Sitemap option. There are the available choices: Base Only, None, and All.
- Once all fields are done, click the Save Config button.
Step 3: Enable or activate sitemap generation
- Under the Generation Settings section, select Yes to enable and set the desired time to generate.
- Set up the desired frequency to Daily, Monthly, or Weekly.
- Input the email that will receive the notifications in case there are er-rors while generating the sitemap.
- Assign the store contact that will receive notifications for errors.
- Pick the template to utilize for the notifications.
Step 4: Set file limits for sitemap
- Under the section on Sitemap File Limit, fill in the maximum number of URLs for each file that you want to include. The default is 50,000.
- Enter the maximum file size to set the limit for each file.
Step 5: Allow search engines to automatically locate your sitemap.
- In the Search Engine Submission settings, pick Yes to activate a ro-bots.txt file that will offer directions for the search engines that will crawl your Magento 2 store. This will make it possible for them to find your store automatically.
- Finally, click the Save Config button.
Through these simple procedures, your store’s Search Engine Optimization will vastly improve. Search engines can now easily navigate your Magento 2 store, and possibly rank it higher. This will, in turn, provide more conven-ient access for prospective clients.
If you need more confiscated solution, you may use any 3d party extension such as this one.
You must be logged in to post a comment. Click here to log in.
When a new tab opens, log in or create an account. Reload this page when logged in.