Magento 2 Redirect (301, 302)
In order to provide the proper functionality of your eStore, you sometimes need to create a 301 re-direct. The redirect helps customers and different search engines to stay away from a «404 Page Not Found» error. In turn, it can be costly for a store owner and can lead to the sales loss.
Magento 2 allows you to prevent a «404 Page Not Found» error with the built-in tools. With the proper implemented 301 or 302 redirects customers and search engines will be forwarded to the corresponding new page automatically, including a category and home page.
Also, you may need to implement 301 or 302 redirects in your Magento 2 store:
- a certain product or category in no longer available in your store;
- any kind of URLs changes;
- if you moved to a new website from an old one.
Then hit the «Add URL Rewrite» button. Let’s quickly look through the available options:
- Store – select the Store View for which the redirect will be enabled
- Request Path – enter the URL to redirect
- Target Path – enter the URL to which the page will be redirected
- Redirect Type – select the redirect type between 302 (temporary) and 301 (permanent)
- Description – enter optional description
After specifying all the details, hit the «Save» button.
That is it! Now the customers and search engines will be redirected to the correct page and never encounter with a «404 Page Not Found» error in your Magento 2 store.
Please, notice that working with redirects could be much easier with 3d party Magento 2 seo module .
You must be logged in to post a comment. Click here to log in.
When a new tab opens, log in or create an account. Reload this page when logged in.